Tuesday, January 19, 2016

why they were not wearing seat-belts.

Please spread this video to all possible mediums through which it reaches the Police Commissioner of Delhi.
This happened with me recently. I was asked to pay a fine for breaking a traffic rule which I paid up. However just then I saw a PCR passing through the same place in which the driver and the constable sitting on the passenger's seat were not wearing seat-belts.
The Delhi Police constable who was quick to issue a challan to me did not even bother to stop the PCR. I decided to speak to the occupants of the PCR and asked them why they were not wearing seat-belts.
I was told the following weird things -
- It is not necessary for people in a PCR on patrol duty to wear a seat-belt.
- It is okay not to wear a seat-belt as there is no seat-belt hook in the PCR.
- I am just venting out my frustration on the poor chaps.
It seems that these policemen feel that they are above the law and refuse to accept their mistake even after getting caught.
We expect policemen to uphold the law and be role-models for the ordinary citizens. But with this kind of attitude people will only get encouraged to break laws themselves.

No comments:

Post a Comment