Friday, September 14, 2012

Sample Letter of Request for Information


Sample Letter of Request for Information
                                                                                              Your address      
         
[Insert date]
The Central / State Public Information Officer
Name of the relevant public authority
Address
(You can submit this request to the Manager(Customer care centre) of a designated post-office-in respect of
Central Government departments having no offices in your place of stay.)*
                                     Request under the Right to Information Act
Dear Public Information Officer :
Under the Right to Information Act 2005,Section 6, please provide me the
following information (here, clearly describe the information you require and
the period to which it relates.).
I prefer to receive the information in the form:(Xerox copy / printout / diskette /
floppy / tape / video cassette / certified copies of documents or records/certified
samples of material/ I would like to take notes or extracts) by post/ email/in
person.
OR
I would like to inspect the following works/documents/records.(clearly describe
what you want to inspect ) . Please inform me a suitable date and time for my
visit.
Initial request fee under s6(1): Rs.______paid in cash/cheque/banker’s draft/Indian
Postal Order/treasury challan ( give details ).
OR
I am a person below poverty line. (attach a photocopy of the proof ).I need not
pay fees.
 
(optional) I am sensorily disabled. Kindly provide me appropriate assistance to
enable access to the information ( reading aloud/in Braille )
Thank you.
Yours faithfully,
[ Your name ]

1 comment:

  1. Sample letter makes me to prepare a perfect letter, by avoiding the mistakes, because Im facing problems in writing a request letter.


     Sample Letters 

    ReplyDelete