Tuesday, February 26, 2013

2 cops suspended for ‘misbehaving’ with councillor


Express news service : Chandigarh, Wed Feb 27 2013, 03:45 hrs
A constable and an assistant sub-inspector of the UT Traffic Police have been suspended for allegedly misbehaving with an area councillor. The two officials have been sent to traffic lines after the incident was reported by councillor Saurabh Joshi to the DIG and other officials on Monday night.
After the incident, Deputy Superintendent of Police (DSP) Kamal Deep and Inspector-on-duty Keval Krishan submitted a report to inquiry officer SP Arun Kampani. DSP said, "The report was submitted on Tuesday. A final decision will be taken on Wednesday by the SP". ASI Chander Singh and Constable Jatinder have been placed under suspension.
The incident took place on Monday night, when the councillor Joshi was returning home after dinner with his wife. He was allegedly stopped at a naka near Sector 36 by Jatinder. "As soon as I rolled down the window, I told the constable that I am a teetotaler. But he insisted that I get out of the car. After I got out, he started to misbehave with me. Then I approached another person, who seemed the constable's senior. When I told him that the constable was misbehaving with me, he too did the same. It was then that I had to call senior police officials".
The DSP reached the spot and immediately suspended the two officials and an inquiry was initiated. Joshi also met IGP R P Upadhyaya on Tuesday regarding the case.

No comments:

Post a Comment