Wednesday, July 13, 2016

PUBLIC SPEAKING PHRASES C TO H

C
Can it be supposed
Can the long records of humanity teach us
Can there be a better illustration
Can we pretend
Can you lightly contemplate
Can you yield yourselves
Cautious and practical thinkers ask
Certain it is
Certainly I am not blind to the faults
Certainly, one can conceive
Clearly enough
Coming back to the main subject
Coming down to modern times
Coming to present circumstances
Common sense indicates
Consequently, I am not discussing this matter
Consider, I beg you, what
Contemplating these marvelous changes

D
Delude not yourselves with the belief
Depend upon it
Did it ever occur to you
Difficult then as the question may be
Do I need to describe
Do me the honor of believing
Do not imagine
Do not let us conceal from ourselves
Do not suppose for a moment
Do not talk to me of
Do not think me guilty of
Do we not know
Do what you will
Do you ask how that can be
Do you believe this can be truthfully said
Do you not know I am speaking of
Do you remember a concrete instance
Do you think, then
Does any man say
Does it ever occur to you
Does it not seem something like idiocy to
Does it not shock you to think
Does not the event show
Does not the nature of every man revolt
Doubtless the end is sought

E
Every now and then you will find
Every one has asked himself
Every one therefore ought to look to
Every reader of history can recall

F
Far from it
Few indeed there are
Few subjects are more fruitful
Few things impress the imagination more
Finally, it is my most fervent prayer
First in my thoughts are
First of all I ask
For, be assured of this
For behold
For I must tell you
For if any one thinks that there is
For, in truth, if you please to recollect
For instance, I can fancy
For is it not true
For it is not right to
For let it be observed first
For mark you
For my own part, I believe
For myself, certainly I think
For observe what the real fact is
For one I deny
For, perhaps, after all
For, perhaps, some one may say
For so it generally happens
For the sake of my argument
For this is what I say
For this reason, indeed, it is
For we all know
Fortunately for us
Fortunately I am not obliged
From one point of view we are
From the circumstances already explained
From the standpoint of
From this statement you will perceive

G
Generally speaking
God be praised
Grant this true
Granting all this

H
Had I time for all that might be said
Had my limits allowed it
Happily for us
Hardly less marvelous
Hardly will anyone venture to say
Have I exaggerated
Have you ever noticed
Having taken a view of
Having thus described what appears to me
He is the best prophet who
He seems at times to confuse
He was an eminent instance of
He who is insensible to
Hence arises a grave mischief
Hence, as I have said
Hence it follows
Here again the testimony corroborates
Here arises the eternal question
Here comes the practical matter
Here for a moment I seem
Here, however, it may be objected
Here I am considering
Here I end my illustrations
Here I must pause for a moment
Here I only insist upon
Here I ought to stop
Here is another strange thing
Here is good hope for us
Here is no question
Here let me meet one other question
Here, then, I am brought to the consideration
Here then I take up the subject
Here then is the key
Here, then, it is natural at last
Here then, we are brought to the question
Here, then, we are involved
Here undoubtedly it is
Here we can not but pause to contemplate
Here we come into direct antagonism with
Here we come to the very crux of
Here we have it on high authority
History is replete with predictions
Hitherto I have spoken only of
Holding this view, I am concerned
How can we help believing
How do you account for
How does it happen
How human language staggers when
How infinitely difficult it is
How infinitely superior must it appear
How is this to be explained
How many a time
How momentous, then
How much better, I say, if
How much more rational it would be
How shall I attempt to enumerate
How shall I describe to you
However, I am viewing the matter
However, I will not in any way admit
However, it is to me a very refreshing thing


No comments:

Post a Comment