Monday, April 11, 2016

Relationship between landlords and tenants

Relationship between landlords and tenants is usually the cause of much friction on matters regarding rent increase, repairs, sub-letting, damages to precincts and property, water and electricity levies, misuse of premises, etc. Effective and firm letters from the landlords can act as deterrents to any misuse and damage that tenants might cause. On the other hand, tactfully written letters by tenants can keep landlords in good humour.

Dear Mr. Rahman,

My house which was under construction at Azimpura is now complete and furnished for occupation. We have decided to shift there by 30th of next month with our entire bag and baggage.

Kindly adjust the rent for the last two months upto 30th September 2009 against the initial deposit of Rs. 5000 (Rupees five thousand only) paid to you when I occupied your house and refund the balance to me by crossed a/c payee cheque. Kindly make this available when you come to inspect your premises on 30th September.

I take this opportunity to thank you from the bottom of my heart for the good relations you maintained in the five years. I have been your tenant. You have been like a father to me bearing with delays in payment and responding to my demands for renovations. In the days I knew, you emerged as a very warm person. Although by birth we belong to different denominations, our understanding has been perfect. Kindly thank Mrs. Rahman for inviting us to Id celebrations every year. We really enjoyed the sweet sewai dessert and kabab she offered us. In return, please do visit us at our new house on Diwali when we wish to throw a house-warming.

Wishing you and your wife a long, healthy life.

Yours Sincerely,

Dear (Name),
I have suddenly been transferred to Mumbai and have to immediately take charge of my duties there. Therefore, I am obliged to vacate your house immediately. The packer would move my belongings tomorrow itself. I have already cleared the Maintenance and other dues. Would you make it convenient to be present here tomorrow at about ____________ (Time), wherefore I can hand over the keys to you and also clear the rent. Yet, in case you are unable to come, please instruct me as to how to proceed. In case, we miss out on something for final settlement, you can contact me on my ____________ (Place) address.
We have had a very pleasant association and I shall certainly miss your fatherly concern. I take this opportunity to thank you for everything that you have done for me.
With best regards,

Sincerely yours, 

No comments:

Post a Comment